Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

How do I get returns or exchanges for defective merchandise
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

How do I get returns or exchanges for defective merchandise

by 1Anonymouscreator on Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:44 pm

I have 2 items that I recently purchased that do not function on either my Rasberry Pi 3 or 4.
An Automation hat that when installed(mounted) does not allow either the Rasberry Pi 3 or 4 to even begin startup.
A USB Sound Adapter 7.1 Channel that doesn’t have any sound output, again tested on functional USB ports on both Pi’s with no sound output.

I also just purchased a Rasberry Pi 4 (8 gig ram) that shows a page full of errors;

autoboot.txt not found
Partition : 0

configure.txt not found
recover4.elf not found
recovery.elf not found
start4.elf not found
start.elf not found
Firmware not found
SD boot failed
BOOT_STOPPED: 0x00000001 0x0

This is most of the error code that I get, the new Pi 4 will not even start up with a second SD card that runs the current Raspbian OS.
Can you please help?
Thank you

1Anonymouscreator

Re: How do I get returns or exchanges for defective merchand

by adafruit_support_carter on Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:57 pm

We first do technical support here in the forums and then authorize replacements as needed depending on the outcome.

Since these issues look pretty different, I'd suggest starting a new separate thread for each one, three total:

* thread for automation hat
* thread for USB sound adapter
* thread for pi 4 boot issue

adafruit_support_carter

by 1Anonymouscreator on Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:28 pm

I’m new to posts,
What is a thread?

1Anonymouscreator

by adafruit_support_carter on Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:26 pm

Thread / topic are generally the same. Like this conversation is a thread with the topic "How do I get returns or exchanges for defective merchandise".

You are having so many issues that are generally unrelated that trying to troubleshoot them all in one discussion would be difficult. So just like you created this "How do I get returns or exchanges for defective merchandise" post / thread / topic, do the same thing 3 more times to start 3 new separate threads for the issues.

Sorry for the extra work, but it will greatly help with troubleshooting.

adafruit_support_carter

by 1Anonymouscreator on Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:41 am

I would be happy to post 3(now 4) separate threads for the issues I have. With all the blue highlighted tabs I have to choose from, once I’m logged onto your website, there isn’t one that says New Post. I can review my posts, read other posts or reply to a post but I can’t create a new post unless I get a link from one of your staff.
Could you please show me where this tab can be found?

1Anonymouscreator

by adafruit_support_carter on Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:42 pm

These all seem Raspberry Pi related, so that's the best place in terms of main sub forum. So if you go here:
viewforum.php?f=50
do you see the POST A TOPIC button?
new_topic.jpg
new_topic.jpg (80.15 KiB) Viewed 59 times

adafruit_support_carter

by 1Anonymouscreator on Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:42 pm

4 weeks I have been trying to get the support for Adafruit products that don’t seem to function the way they are advertised.
ALL I WANT TO DO IS TO RETURN THESE FOR STORE CREDIT NOT JUMP THRU HOOPS.
I cannot get support because I don’t get what a “thread” is or how to re-post my issues or even where to post these issues.
Now I’m told to go to the Rasberry Pi website to get support for my Adafruit purchased merchandise???

1Anonymouscreator

by adafruit_support_carter on Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:01 pm

The link was to the Adafruit forums website, not Raspberry Pi. If you clink on this link:
viewforum.php?f=50
what do you see? Does it not look like the screen shot above?

[EDIT] If you continue to have trouble with creating the new topics, then we can just work the issues here, but one at a time. Which one would you want to start with?
  • thread for automation hat
  • thread for USB sound adapter
  • thread for pi 4 boot issue

adafruit_support_carter

by 1Anonymouscreator on Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:25 pm

Let’s save ourselves this trouble;
I purchased 3 specific items on one order that I tried on both a Rasberry Pi 3 & 4 that I currently own;
The Rainbow hat functions perfectly with the libraries available for download.
The Pimoroni led shim also works perfectly with the downloadable libraries.
But the Automation hat won’t allow either Rasberry Pi to begin a startup, they both sit there and do nothing, there are no failure codes or warnings on the otherwise black screen.
Why do I need to start a new forum somewhere else to get this Automation hat replaced?

1Anonymouscreator

by adafruit_support_carter on Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:05 am

But the Automation hat won’t allow either Rasberry Pi to begin a startup, they both sit there and do nothing, there are no failure codes or warnings on the otherwise black screen.

Is this with nothing else attached to the automation HAT? Simply a PI + HAT (with nothing attached)? This sounds like a potential hardware issue, so want to get the setup down to the most simple configuration.

Describe what the red PWR and green ACT LEDs are doing on the Pi when you try to boot.

adafruit_support_carter

by 1Anonymouscreator on Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:13 pm

Hi, there is only the power plugged in, a monitor plugged into the HDMI output and the USB receiver with the Rii keyboard. The red light stays on ,with both Rasberry Pi‘s, and there is zero activity on the green led on either Pi.

1Anonymouscreator

by adafruit_support_carter on Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:34 am

The red light stays on ,with both Rasberry Pi‘s, and there is zero activity on the green led on either Pi.

And in both these case, you simply remove the HAT and the Pi's will boot normally?

adafruit_support_carter

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.