POE USB C spilter not passing ethernet

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Graber

POE USB C spilter not passing ethernet

Post by Graber »

I Received two POE splitters, one for USB C and one for USB Micro.
using two RPi's, the RPi 4 8 GIG and RPi 4 2 GIG, the Ethernet does not work.
looking at the switch it is pulling 3.65W, for grins I used used another Ethernet cable to another port on the switch using the POE Splitter for power and the RPi will connect.

I used the PoE Splitter with MicroUSB Plug - Isolated 12W - 5V 2.4 Amp PID: 3785 with a RPi 3 from the same switch and port and it worked fine (100 Meg). it was pulling 4.82W

The Switch is a Ubiquti 16 port 150 watt POE (US-16-150W) with both splitters and the other equipment on the switch the POE is at 20.18W out of 135W available

The big question is will the PoE Splitter with USB Type C - 5V 2A - 100 MB Ethernet PID: 4552 work with the RPi 4?

thank you

John

hasecbinusr

Re: POE USB C spilter not passing ethernet

Post by hasecbinusr »

I am having this same exact issue with the PoE Splitter with USB Type C connected to a Raspberry Pi 4B. My powered switch is showing a power draw and the Raspberry Pi boots up, but the ethernet port is showing no data connection. The powered switch is also showing no data connection but it is showing power distribution. I am using a Unifi USW Pro 24 PoE with the latest firmware and controller. I connected the PoE Splitter using a Cat 6 ethernet cable that is known good.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Well, I don't see anything you could check so lets see if a new one will fix the problem. Contact [email protected] with a link to this thread and they will get you a new one.

hasecbinusr

Post by hasecbinusr »

Thanks, I will. I ordered two of them for two of my Raspberry Pi 4Bs. Neither is working with either Raspberry Pi regardless of which port or ethernet cable I use on my powered switch. Seems like a design issue more than a faulty product? Just weird that two brand new ones don't work at the same time.

kennova

Post by kennova »

Having the exact issue as the OP. Even have the same Ubiquiti switch. I tried setting the port rate to 100MbE and the rate on of the eth0 port on the Pi. Still no data, only power. I contacted support and will see what they say.

I bought a Micro USB splitter for a Pi 3B+ and that is working great, plug and play, no problem.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”