Raspberry Pi 400 won't boot

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
voket

Raspberry Pi 400 won't boot

Post by voket »

My raspberry pi 400 won't boot. The power light flashes green briefly when I insert a power cord, but otherwise all lights do nothing with or without an SD card.

Minimal setup to reproduce error
- raspberry pi 400
- official power supply
- no SD card

From the pi forums, I expect that without an SD card the green LED would blink four times to indicate that it can't find start.elf.

I also tried installing the SD Card bootloader on the micro SD card with no luck - no power light or any other light behavior.

My full setup is
- Raspberry pi 400
- 128 GB SD card flashed with rpi-imager to raspbian
- official power supply
- 2 m micro HDMI to HDMI adapter.
    but this has the same behavior with the power LED and does not show anything on the HDMI display.

Thanks for reading and for any help you can give!

blnkjns

Re: Raspberry Pi 400 won't boot

Post by blnkjns »

Sounds pretty DOA. Best would be if you know someone with a similar system or Pi 4 to check a working SD card from that system to completely rule out any mistake by yourself.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

please use the raspberry pi loader program to create a "raspbian pios full" install SD card on a 4 to 16GB sd card (try another card, the 128GB may not be supported?)

voket

Post by voket »

No luck. I used rpi-imager to put a Raspbian Pi OS full image onto a 16 gb card, but the symptoms were the same as before - one short green flash when I plug it in, but no further activity and nothing when I press the power button. I also tried the SD Card Bootloader utility image on a 16 GB card to see if I could fix the firmware, also with no result.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

ok lets try to replace it. email support@adafruit with a link to this thread for a new pi 400 computer
    in addition, *please post to the raspberry pi forums* because they will be able to help improve documentation and give insight we dont have (adafruit does not manufacture this item)

WyattWednesday

Post by WyattWednesday »

I'm experiencing the same thing with my pi 400, I used the bootloader for usb and sd, and no luck, only one flash from the green light and then it's solid

drewwoods

Post by drewwoods »

Having the exact same problem, just a brief green led flash when plugging in power then nothing

Forum rules
    Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”