Unable to connect to Raspberry Pi Zero wh
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Re: Unable to connect to Raspberry Pi Zero wh

by adafruit_support_carter on Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:30 pm

Setting the county part is also important, and sometimes gets overlooked.

adafruit_support_carter

by gerbreown on Sat May 01, 2021 6:39 am

Just went through the steps manually. Changed the SSID and password.

I set the country to PH for the Philippines which is where I am.

I also placed the Pi next to the router and still am getting "Destination Host Unreachable" error messages. Even though it is showing up in the router admin page.

I just did a "arp -a" command and received a message (192.168.1.4) The Pi IP address at <incomplete> on enp3s0. The enp3s0 is an ethernet port not wifi so that command is useless in this case.

When I ssh pi@192.168.1.4 or ssh pi@raspberrypi.local I get "No route to host"

If I ping 192.168.1.4 or ping raspberrypi.local I get "Destination Host Unreachable"

I am beginning to think that my Pi is defective because all of my 5 other Pis have worked out of the box and I can ping and ssh to all of them. How can I get a replacement for this Pi? It has been almost 3 weeks now and with your help and my searching and trying other things I am still not able to connect to this computer.

Thanks.

gerbreown

by adafruit_support_carter on Mon May 03, 2021 1:02 pm

Really weird issue. This doesn't seem like a hardware issue, but let's just replace the Pi and see what happens.

Send an email to support@adafruit.com with a link to this thread and your order number and they can send you a replacement Pi Zero WH.

adafruit_support_carter

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.