Pi 4 B won't boot / no display
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Pi 4 B won't boot / no display

by sheald on Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:03 pm

I recently purchased a Raspberry Pi 4 B on order number 2500160-1726783665. It worked initially out of the box but quit working
after a couple of weeks. I get a red power led and the green led flashes but nothing happens on the screen at all. This initially led me to look at the HDMI cable and to try the other HDMI port. Nothing from any configuration I have tested.

I have tried different HDMI to micro HDMI cables including the official Raspberry Pi cable. I have also tried different SD card images. Nothing works. I have another 4 B that works with the exact same cables and SD cards so I am confident its the board.

What do I need to do to get a replacement?

sheald

Re: Pi 4 B won't boot / no display

by adafruit_support_carter on Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:04 pm

It worked initially out of the box but quit working after a couple of weeks.

How was the Pi being used during the couple of weeks? What was the last thing you did before the Pi stopped responding?

adafruit_support_carter

by sheald on Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:57 pm

it was only used occasionally by my grandson when he came to visit. He played Minecraft on it but I always booted it and shut it down.

The last thing I did was shut it down using logout>shutdown. The next time I tried to boot it I got lights but no display.

sheald

by adafruit_support_carter on Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:19 am

Pi's can be fragile. There are lot's of easy ways to break them.
https://learn.adafruit.com/raspberry-pi ... ng/warning

Were the GPIO headers exposed?

adafruit_support_carter

by sheald on Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:44 am

The Pi was in the all metal FLIRC case that I purchased on the same order from you. It was powered with the official power supply that was also purchased on the same order.

[removed by moderator]

sheald

by adafruit2 on Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:03 pm

sheald - email support@adafruit for a refund on the pi 4b, you will be able to find another supplier for raspberry pi's!

adafruit2
Site Admin

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.