Please note: Friday June 18 is a holiday celebrating Juneteenth, please allow extra time for your order to arrive and plan accordingly.

RGB Matrix Pi Hat Sample Python Code
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

RGB Matrix Pi Hat Sample Python Code

by zohsix on Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:32 pm

Hello,

I am still new to the RPi world having produced one system with an RPi 4 in Python and a few sensors. Very green!

My next project is using an RPi 4, an Ada Fruit Matrix Pi Hat with RTC, and an Ada Fruit 64 X 32 3mm matrix panel. I built the hat and downloaded the software per the Ada Fruit instruction and all of the Demo's work.

My problem is I want to use Python, since I don't have any experience with C++, and cannot locate any simple, straightforward coding examples in Python. The project is simple, display some stationary text messages on the matrix panel based on sensor data. Nothing fancy, no animation, just text messages.

Can someone point me to some simple Python code that display text messages?

Regards,
Dan

zohsix

Re: RGB Matrix Pi Hat Sample Python Code

by mikeysklar on Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:12 pm

Dan,

Did you take a look at some of the Python samples we link to:

https://github.com/hzeller/rpi-rgb-led- ... on/samples

mikeysklar

Re: RGB Matrix Pi Hat Sample Python Code

by zohsix on Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:11 am

Thanks for your response.

I am working with the samples from Github, but as a noob, I was looking for a similar project that was a simpler (for me) example to use. I'll continue testing the list of fonts and colors until I find those the works best for my application.

Regards,
Dan

zohsix

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.