Help with the Cyberdeck
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Help with the Cyberdeck

by faustgeist on Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:40 pm

Greetings all,

I just bought a PI 400 (keyboard) with a cyberdeck HAT. Super cool!

Now I need to get my screen working, a PiTFT - Assembled 480x320 3.5" TFT+Touchscreen.... I am using LibreELEC, as this will be a movie playing devise exclusively.

Does your process for installing the Kernal for this display still follow the instructions found here : (?)

https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-pit ... -install-2

I def need help and thanks!
~R

faustgeist

Re: Help with the Cyberdeck

by mikeysklar on Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:32 pm

You have the right guide linked to for the 3.5" display. As noted in the RED warning box it might be necessary to do the kernel pinning trick if the instructions do not work on their own. Since you want to use LIbreElec it might make sense to have another SD card handy to try this installation with Pi OS first to see it all work and then take on LibreElec as it could have some differences that break out installation script.

mikeysklar

by faustgeist on Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:29 pm

Understood,

Ill give it a go with the basic OS first. Thank you.
~R

faustgeist

by mikeysklar on Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:44 am

Thanks for trying our test install with Pi OS first. Let us know how you fair with LibreElec. Most of the critical settings will be found in /boot/config.txt

mikeysklar

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.