Pi Zero W Not Turning On with Adafruit Power Supply
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Pi Zero W Not Turning On with Adafruit Power Supply

by AngryChihuahua04 on Tue May 04, 2021 5:37 pm

Hi to all!

I recently purchased the 5V 2.5A wall power supply (https://www.adafruit.com/products/1995) to power my Pi 0W as the Pi's description on the Adafruit product page said it would work well for this purpose. However, when I plug the power supply into the Pi, the Pi doesn't power on. I have confirmed that the Pi is not dead as it works fine with a 5V 2.4A battery bank I have. Any ideas as to why it's not turning on?

Thanks!

AngryChihuahua04

Re: Pi Zero W Not Turning On with Adafruit Power Supply

by dastels on Tue May 04, 2021 7:38 pm

Odd. I've used that supply with various Pis and other boards without problems. Doe it work to power any other USB-micro powered devices?

Dave

dastels

by AngryChihuahua04 on Sat May 08, 2021 3:16 pm

dastels wrote:Odd. I've used that supply with various Pis and other boards without problems. Does it work to power any other USB-micro powered devices?

Dave

No. I tried charging a power bank I have that has micro-usb input, but it won't charge it. Is it possible it's defective?

AngryChihuahua04

by dastels on Sat May 08, 2021 9:53 pm

Sounds like it.

Please email support@adafruit.com with a link to this thread, your order number, and request the replacement of one 5V 2.5A Switching Power Supply with 20AWG MicroUSB Cable.

Dave

dastels

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.