Raspberry Pi failure
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Raspberry Pi failure

by jojemar on Sat May 08, 2021 12:40 pm

Hello!

I bought a RP 8GB from you a few short weeks ago. After receiving my case, heatsinks, and fan for it, I got it all installed and everything was fine... for a few days.
Two days ago when I booted it up, instead of the normal initialization, a sunbursty white and gray pattern was displayed, then the screen turned off. I checked my connections and everything looked fine, so I did a reboot. Same thing. I poked and prodded around a bit, and eventually the screen displayed nothing.

Heatsinks are a copper layer under a typical inert aluminum heatsink. Fan cycles the air. Never ran close to hot.

I plugged it into my monitor and reboot. Same. Lights turn on, fan turns on, no monitor output.

Is it possible that this is a problem board? The little gray tab on the camera port looks damaged. I haven't connected a camera and don't own a camera to connect.
Any ideas?

jojemar

Re: Raspberry Pi failure

by adafruit_support_carter on Mon May 10, 2021 11:03 am

The little gray tab on the camera port looks damaged.

Please post a photo of this.

Have you tried starting over with a fresh OS image?

adafruit_support_carter

by jojemar on Wed May 12, 2021 2:23 pm

I actually figured this out... the screen was bad and for some reason my monitor just wasn't working with the Pi. RMA'd the screen, all good to go. That little cover/clamp for the camera port still looks dodgy but everything works.

jojemar

by adafruit_support_carter on Wed May 12, 2021 3:01 pm

OK, cool. If it all seems to be working, then maybe all good. If the camera connector thing ends up being an issue, please just respond back here and we'll pick things back up.

adafruit_support_carter

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.