Intermittent issues with Pi Camera v2.1 (0x4f525245mmal erro

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
bensims0

Intermittent issues with Pi Camera v2.1 (0x4f525245mmal erro

Post by bensims0 »

Hello,

I have intermittent issues with my Pi Camera v2.1. I have followed the troubleshooting steps in these threads: My camera initially worked for the first 24-48 hours or so like the customer in the first thread. I have manually tried to run the `raspi-still -t 0` command, but occasionally I get the following error like the poster in the second thread:

Code: Select all

pi@octopi:~ $ raspistill -t 0
Camera control callback  cmd=0x4f525245mmal: No data received from sensor. Check all connections, including the Sunny one on the camera board
I have already triple-checked the connections including the "sunny" on the camera board itself. I also tried swapping between the stock ribbon cable and the extended 610mm ribbon cable that I purchased in the same order (2590964-0751323275) on 6/16/21 (Note: I have been experiencing this issue since the day it arrived and troubleshooted for several days after, but I am only just now able to follow-up a second time about this after I received a reply from [email protected] signed by Jessie Mae to my email about this issue dated back on 7/5/21).

With both ribbon cables, I sometimes get a working image from the camera for a brief period after a clean reboot before it errors out (with the above error code when manually verified with `raspistill -t 0`). Please note that absolutely nothing is moving, vibrating, magnetic anomalies, etc. that vary between the camera working and erroring out.

I can also verify the camera is correctly connected by the output from the following command, thus I suspect it might be a defective camera board:

Code: Select all

pi@octopi:~ $ vcgencmd get_camera
supported=1 detected=1
Please let me know what further troubleshooting I might be able to do, or if we can arrange for a replacement because I desperately need this for a project that I rarely ever get time to work on!

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Intermittent issues with Pi Camera v2.1 (0x4f525245mmal

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

It sounds like you have a camera with a marginal component somewhere. You've done the correct debugging, and if the connection fails without any physical jostling, a hardware problem is the most likely reason.

Send a note containing a link to this page and your order number to [email protected]. The folks there will get you a replacement.

bensims0

Re: Intermittent issues with Pi Camera v2.1 (0x4f525245mmal

Post by bensims0 »

That's too bad about the part being defective, but at least replacing it will help me move forward with my project. Thanks for your help Mike!

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”