Pi Zero : No HDMI Ouput

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
ParadoxicalNerd

Pi Zero : No HDMI Ouput

Post by ParadoxicalNerd »

Product: Raspberry Pi Zero W v1.1
Invoice Number: 2603700
Purchase date: July 7, 2021

Hi, we have been trying to get the raspberry pi zero we purchased from Adafruit to work. I was able to setup the ssh and work via it, but I do want to be able to use the GUI. We connected the pi via the hdmi adapter (which we also purchased in the same order) to our display. But we did not see any output. I know that even when the hdmi is disabled through the software settings, the pi outputs the rainbow tile right before booting up. We did not even see that in this case.

We know that the monitor works. No modifications were made on the software to cause disabled output on the hdmi display. To double check this, we flashed another sd card with a fresh raspbian image and even it didn't work. We do not have another pi zero or hdmi adapter to troubleshoot what is wrong.

According to me, it leaves 2 possibilities: 1) the hdmi adapter does not work or (2) the pi zero is defunct. Please advise on the next steps.
Attachments
20210727_143553 (1).jpg
20210727_143553 (1).jpg (904.94 KiB) Viewed 83 times
20210727_143455.jpg
20210727_143455.jpg (895.35 KiB) Viewed 83 times

mikeysklar

Re: Pi Zero : No HDMI Ouput

Post by mikeysklar »

Let's start with replacing the HDMI adapter. I have seen failures on these.

Please send an e-mail to [email protected] requesting a replacement HDMI adapter. Include your order# and link to this forum thread.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”