New Raspberry Pi 4 - WIFI doesn't work

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
ragrabau

New Raspberry Pi 4 - WIFI doesn't work

Post by ragrabau »

I just got a Raspberry Pi 4 from Adafruit, and I built an OS for it on an SD card. I connected to my ethernet network, and was able to run raspi-config and setup my wireless network. I switched over to the wireless net and setup OcttoPrint. Well the wireless worked for a bit before the system no longer communicated on the wireless side. I tried rebuilding Octtoprint and the same thing happened. I then rebuilt Octtoprint, and just ran on the wired ethernet. It is still running just fine wired. So I tried various commands to get the wireless up and running to no avail. It appears that the wireless side is broke.

Help!

Bob

ragrabau

Re: New Raspberry Pi 4 - WIFI doesn't work

Post by ragrabau »

Note: This was purchased from Adafruit on order 2619120-5530801705 July 23, 2021 @ 1:02 PM. Wifi not operational.

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

For the sake of troubleshooting, try using a new fresh image of Raspberry Pi OS Lite. See if you get the same behavior there.

ragrabau

Post by ragrabau »

tried Raspberry OS Lite, and no joy on wlan0 (WIFI). I can turn any other lan up / down but it won't do it for the WIFI wlan0 - it says "unknown interface"

ragrabau

Post by ragrabau »

adafruit_support_carter wrote:For the sake of troubleshooting, try using a new fresh image of Raspberry Pi OS Lite. See if you get the same behavior there.
tried Raspberry OS Lite, and no joy on wlan0 (WIFI). I can turn any other lan up / down but it won't do it for the WIFI wlan0 - it says "unknown interface"

adafruit_support_carter

OK, so still not working. It originally worked. Can you correlate the failure to anything? You're using this with an OctoPrint setup. Did anything every get attached to the Pi's GPIO headers? Or anything else that might correlate to the loss of wifi?

ragrabau

Post by ragrabau »

adafruit_support_carter wrote:OK, so still not working. It originally worked. Can you correlate the failure to anything? You're using this with an OctoPrint setup. Did anything every get attached to the Pi's GPIO headers? Or anything else that might correlate to the loss of wifi?

The only attached to the GPIO was the fan for the white / red case.

ragrabau

Post by ragrabau »

The Pi 4 WIFI doesn't work. I want to replace it.

adafruit_support_carter

The only attached to the GPIO was the fan for the white / red case.
See here for our general warning about Pi GPIO headers.
https://learn.adafruit.com/raspberry-pi ... ng/warning

Did the loss of wifi correlate at all with the connecting of the fan to the GPIO header?

ragrabau

Post by ragrabau »

no

adafruit_support_carter

OK, we'll replace it once. But if the replacement arrives working and then later breaks after being incorporated into your octoprint setup, we have to assume it has something to do with how it is being used.

Send an email to [email protected] with a link to this thread and your order number and they can send you a replacement Pi.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”