Adafruit CSI or DSI Cable Extender Thingy with Arducam Quadr

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
nvandegevel

Adafruit CSI or DSI Cable Extender Thingy with Arducam Quadr

Post by nvandegevel »

Hi,

I have an Arducam Qaudrascopic camera hat attached to a Jetson Nano dev kit. It works fine but I would like to extend the range of specific cameras. Would the Adafruit CSI or DSI Cable Extender Thingy work in this case? The hardware will be the following:

Jetson Nano --> Arducam hat| --> Cam0
.....................................................| --> Cam1
.....................................................| --> Cam2
.....................................................| 22pin-15pin --> Extender Thingy --> 15pin-22pin --> Arducam OV9782 camera

Maybe an extra 15pin cable and additional Extender Thingy for even more range.

My doubts arise because the Arducam OV9782 camera have this notification:

"The Camarray HAT requires different firmware for different Image sensors that are not natively working with your embedded systems. Your own OV9782 camera modules won’t directly work with it, and they are not easily interchangeable."

Regards,

Noud

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Adafruit CSI or DSI Cable Extender Thingy with Arducam Q

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The Cable Extender Thingy is just a wiring board, so if the signals work with a single cable they'll be connected the same way after running though the Thingy.

The notes about working distance on the product page are valid though: the fact that the DC connections are right doesn't guarantee a working high-speed data connection. With high-speed signals the cable is more of a component than just a set of connections, and the simplifying assumptions of low-speed signal connections (below 1MHz or so) are no longer valid.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”