Cyberdeck HAT malfunctioning with Raspberry Pi 400

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Wigbrand

Cyberdeck HAT malfunctioning with Raspberry Pi 400

Post by Wigbrand »

Hi all! I recently purchased one of the Cyberdeck HATs alongside a Pimoroni 4 no-touch screen. No matter what I do, whether I'm using Raspbian or Kali, I get the same result, which is a backlit screen with no other output. Is there something I'm missing? There are no instructions and the product proclaims itself to be plug and play, so I'm not sure what I could have screwed up. Output through the HDMI cable works with no problems, and no output appears whether there's an HDMI cable plugged in or not. Thanks for the help!
Attachments
image_123927839jj.JPG
image_123927839jj.JPG (150.05 KiB) Viewed 131 times

dastels

Re: Cyberdeck HAT malfunctioning with Raspberry Pi 400

Post by dastels »

The CyberDeck just connects the two 2x20 headers, while bringing out a few signals (e.g. I2c) to more standard (e.g. STEMMA-QT) connectors.

Have you checked the CyberDeck with a different bonnet/hat?

The other (and frankly, more likely) possibility is that there is an issue with the display or it's installation.

Dave

dastels

Post by dastels »

Have a look at viewtopic.php?f=50&t=179733&start=15#p875641 for a solution used previously.

Dave

Wigbrand

Post by Wigbrand »

I saw that, and have since ordered a PiTFT screen as a replacement. The issue is with the Pimoroni screen interacting with the HAT, correct? Not the HAT itself?

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”