RGB Matrix Bonnet - flashing

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Viper596

RGB Matrix Bonnet - flashing

Post by Viper596 »

I've had a RGB matrix bonnet attached to a pizero for about 2 months now. It has worked flawlessly up until 2 days ago. The display now flashes on and off. A reboot did not fix the issue, checked and verified all connections were good. jumper wire is soldered between 4 and 18. Tested components with a known working RGB Matrix Bonnet, and it works as intended. No flashing on and off. Tested suspected bad bonnet on all known good, brand new, components (PSU, PiZero, RGB Matrix Display, 32GB SD Card), and the RGB display flashes as before.

I purchased the item on 6/13/21
My order number is: 2588038-3453285693

Is there any help or warranty to get a replacement?
Attachments
20211010_170212.jpg
20211010_170212.jpg (182.93 KiB) Viewed 119 times

adafruit_support_carter

Re: RGB Matrix Bonnet - flashing

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

The warranty period is 30 days:
https://www.adafruit.com/shipping#returns

The testing seems to indicate it's the RGB matrix itself. It was working then not working. Can you correlate the change with anything?

Viper596

Post by Viper596 »

There was no change, it runs a clock that run 24/7.. it worked good and then started to flash on and off. i know it's not the RGB matrix because i tested the matrix with a known good bonnet and there was no flashing. i tested every component and even put the suspected bad bonnet on a brand new matrix and it did the same thing. flashed on and off.

Viper596

Post by Viper596 »

so is it possible to get a replacement? i dont want a refund, i just want a working part.

your return policy states: "Any returns after 30 days are in store credit only if the return is approved in advance. " can i get an approval for a replacement? something? i already bought 2 more last night, i would hope that you would stand behind your products.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

is it overheating? hardware usually runs until something 'changes' - blinking sorta implies either a software issue, a mechanical issue (oxidation? loose contacts) or possible overheating. could try to keep it cool and see if that helps.

Viper596

Post by Viper596 »

it is not over heating, testing after it has been off for 24 hours, it still causes the display to blink. its not a software issue as the software has no problem on a known good bonnet. there are no lose contacts, they have been checked and rechecked. it is possible that a component on the bonnet has failed, components fail all the time.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”