Adafruit 3.5 PiTFT FBCP Issue

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Wigbrand

Adafruit 3.5 PiTFT FBCP Issue

Post by Wigbrand »

Hi all!

I got a PiTFT 3.5" to replace the Pimoroni static screen I originally purchased to work with the Cyberdeck HAT, and ran the installer. The method where the HDMI is suspended works properly, but upon attempting to use the HDMI mirroring mode, I am met with some...curious results. Attached is a picture of the monitor, and the screen is backlit and black. I am using the most recent version of Raspbian on a Raspberry Pi 400. Help getting this to display correctly would be greatly appreciated!

Rob
Attachments
IMG_0165su.jpeg
IMG_0165su.jpeg (413.14 KiB) Viewed 119 times

jonnypsilocybin

Re: Adafruit 3.5 PiTFT FBCP Issue

Post by jonnypsilocybin »

Aloha, so I got there to where you were, went a little further and got some progress.

so from that dual glitched screen I hit the raspberry in the bottom left corner/ preferences/ Raspberry Pi configuration, then I hit Display/ Set resolution. I chose the top selection for default clicked OK then the escape key because it wasn't doing anything. It then prompted me to reboot, so I did. After rebooting I had a mirrored screen, well almost, the resolution is a little larger than my t.v, but I'm working on it. Let me know if this works for you.
cyberdeck_glitch_screen (800x600).jpg
cyberdeck_glitch_screen (800x600).jpg (64.56 KiB) Viewed 99 times
cyberdeck_screen_mirror (800x600).jpg
cyberdeck_screen_mirror (800x600).jpg (47.32 KiB) Viewed 99 times

jonnypsilocybin

Re: Adafruit 3.5 PiTFT FBCP Issue

Post by jonnypsilocybin »

*fixed screen resolution by going to command line and typing.... sudo raspi-config
went through the screen resolution options and kept rebooting until one worked
fixed_screen_resolution (800x600).jpg
fixed_screen_resolution (800x600).jpg (46.22 KiB) Viewed 94 times

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”