RaspberryPi 400 40 pin connector upside down

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
maxx_mcilhargey

RaspberryPi 400 40 pin connector upside down

Post by maxx_mcilhargey »

Just received my raspberry pi 400 and the 40 pin connector appears to be upside down.
The notch is at the bottom, while all photos of the product show the notch at the top.
This is preventing the connection of cyberdeck pi-hat, not to mentioned potentially reversing the pins when using a 40 pin cable.

What is the correct action to take in this case?
Attachments
pi400.png
pi400.png (95.44 KiB) Viewed 86 times

dastels

Re: RaspberryPi 400 40 pin connector upside down

Post by dastels »

You are correct. Looking at mine, they key notch is at the top. The pins will be the same in terms of their position, but not with respect to the notch. But as you say it presents a problem physically connecting to it.

I'll check on how we're going to handle this.

Dave

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

freaky! email support@adafruit for a new pi 400

maxx_mcilhargey

Post by maxx_mcilhargey »

Thank you for the extremely quick replies and the rapid action from the support team. This kind of support is why I keep coming back to Adafruit and keep recommending y'all when I get the chance.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”