AIY Vision kit Pi zero wont boot, heating up

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Gmcnei02

AIY Vision kit Pi zero wont boot, heating up

Post by Gmcnei02 »

Hello, I purchased an AIY vision kit and a AIY voice kit on JAN 14th. I assembled the voice kit with no problems, but the vision kit seems to have a faulty Pi zero.

The Pi zero in the vision kit does not turn on, I have tested the SD card and cable in the other Pi zero that I have, and that one works perfectly. The faulty Pi zero just gets hot when plugged in.

mikeysklar

Re: AIY Vision kit Pi zero wont boot, heating up

Post by mikeysklar »

Thanks for testing with another Pi Zero. Please contact [email protected] requesting a replacement Pi Zero WH. Include a link to this forum thread and your order# in the e-mail.

Gmcnei02

Post by Gmcnei02 »

Thank you!

Is there a trick to getting the plastic posts out of the pi and the hat that are holding them together?

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

You should be able to squeeze the top of the plastic posts with a pair of needle nose pliers so they will flatten out. You can then lift the board one corner at a time onto the flattened tip.
posts.jpeg
posts.jpeg (46.88 KiB) Viewed 63 times

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”