Raspberry Pi 400 will not power on

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
garycuppett

Raspberry Pi 400 will not power on

Post by garycuppett »

I purchased a Raspberry Pi 400 and official power supply (order 2825876-9746526136). When plugging in the power supply, no LEDs light up and I get no indication that the unit has powered on at all. This happens even with no SD card inserted. It appears to be DOA, is there any recommended troubleshooting to confirm?

dastels

Re: Raspberry Pi 400 will not power on

Post by dastels »

Do you have another device that can be powered by the power supply? The first step is to confirm where the problem is.

Dave

alphanumeric

Post by alphanumeric »

What happens when you press the F10 key?

garycuppett

Post by garycuppett »

Thanks for the replies dastels and alphanumeric. I am able to plug the power supply into a phone and verify that it provides power. Additionally, I put the SD card into a different raspberry pi that I own and it boots successfully. Pressing the F10 key does nothing and no lights have ever turned on with the unit.

garycuppett

Post by garycuppett »

One other thing I tried just now was to use a separate official power supply with this pi and confirmed that it also did not power on.

dastels

Post by dastels »

And that power supply has proven to be working?

Dave

garycuppett

Post by garycuppett »

Yes, the power supply is confirmed working. I can use it to power a different pi with no issues.

dastels

Post by dastels »

Ok. This isn't unheard of, unfortunately.

Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread, your order number, and request the replacement of Raspberry Pi 400.

Dave

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”