RPI 400 appears DOA

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Sepheralicus

RPI 400 appears DOA

Post by Sepheralicus »

I just received a raspberry pi 400 and when I power it on, it only lights the power led while I'm plugging in the power cable. The led goes out by the time i have the cable fully seated. It does this with multiple power supply and different sd cards with various images including the most recent raspberrypios image.

dastels

Re: RPI 400 appears DOA

Post by dastels »

There are several articles in troubleshooting Pis. Start by have a look at https://support.thepihut.com/hc/en-us/a ... -is-faulty

Dave

Sepheralicus

Post by Sepheralicus »

So following that doc.

1. HDMI cable was in HDMI0 (HDMI1 has no effect either).
2. I've tried multiple microsd cards from various manufactures including both one from another working RPI400 and a freshly downloaded image.
3. I've tried a couple Cannakit 5.1v 3.5 amp power supplies as well as the POE splitter that the other RPI400 is using.
4. I've tried powering on with out the sd card inserted, get the same result
5. Tried an EEPROM recovery image with no change in the output.
6. I gone through the thread that article links to at the RPI forum and I've done all the troubleshooting (short of crack the 400 open to check temps).

After doing all of this, the 400 still turns the activity LED on as soon as the usb C cable is insert and back off by the time it clicks into place. The LED doesn't flash anymore an there is never any video output.

dastels

Post by dastels »

Is the activity light random(ish), a number of regular flashes, or just steady on then off?

Dave

Sepheralicus

Post by Sepheralicus »

It comes on briefly then goes off and stays off. It come back on unless I unplug/replug the power adapter.

Sepheralicus

Post by Sepheralicus »

Sepheralicus wrote:It comes on briefly then goes off and stays off. It come back on unless I unplug/replug the power adapter.
Ugh, I just realized I posted that wrong. It doesn't come back on unless I unplug/replug the power adapter.[

dastels

Post by dastels »

I'd authorize a replacement for you, but there is a general shortage of Raspberry Pis. Due to that we may only be able to offer refunds or store credit.

Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread, your order number, and request the replacement of one Raspberry Pi 400. Also indicate if you'd prefer a refund or store credit in the event a replacement isn't possible.

Dave

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”