There is no USPS pickup on Monday Feb 15th, 2016 because of President's Day. USPS orders placed after 11am EST Fri February 12th will go out Tuesday February 16. UPS orders will ship as normal.

Case assembly problems
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Case assembly problems

by abqlewis on Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:30 pm

I got my RasPi case last night, and tried to put it together. I watched Becky's video, and thought I had it down. It seemed a lot more difficult to get the pieces together than in the video. Now most of the rectangular holes (that receive the square pegs) have small stress cracks, and I still haven't gotten any of the dragon claws to "click" yet. It's like the sheet of acrylic my particular case parts were cut from was just a tiny bit too thick.

It does look beautiful though!

abqlewis

Re: Case assembly problems

by adafruit on Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:36 pm

abqlewis wrote:I got my RasPi case last night, and tried to put it together. I watched Becky's video, and thought I had it down. It seemed a lot more difficult to get the pieces together than in the video. Now most of the rectangular holes (that receive the square pegs) have small stress cracks, and I still haven't gotten any of the dragon claws to "click" yet. It's like the sheet of acrylic my particular case parts were cut from was just a tiny bit too thick. It does look beautiful though!

we heard this from one other customer, we think there was a sheet of acrylic that was a little thicker (it happens, rare but it does) - please email support@adafruit.com

thanks,
adafruit support, phil

adafruit

by abqlewis on Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:30 pm

Wow! I got the replacement case, and it made all the difference in the world. Just like the video, it went together easily in a few minutes, the "dragon claws" fit perfectly, and there are no cracks afterwards. It's amazing what a slight difference in material thickness can make.

Thanks,
Michael

abqlewis

by TAMAN on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:28 pm

bad lucky for me got same problem but the case it was very beautiful design I really like it.
TAMAN

by adafruit on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:51 pm

TAMAN wrote:bad lucky for me got same problem but the case it was very beautiful design I really like it.

for the few people that had problems we quickly sent a replacement :)

cheers,
adafruit support, phil

adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.