There is no USPS pickup on Monday Feb 15th, 2016 because of President's Day. USPS orders placed after 11am EST Fri February 12th will go out Tuesday February 16. UPS orders will ship as normal.

Pi Plate - how do the headers work?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Pi Plate - how do the headers work?

by jimpuls on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:17 pm

I feel like I'm the only person on the planet who doesn't get this! How do the blue headers on the prototyping pi plate work? I've loosened the screw, put a small wire (#24) in it and tightened the screw. The wire comes out. I've tried the same with maybe #20 stranded ... big enough so all the strands don't fit in the hole. Same thing. What size wire works? Where does the wire go? Is there a photo somewhere on the site?

Also, are the screw heads really soft? Do I need to be really careful with a screwdriver not to mush them up?

Thanks!

- Jim
jimpuls

Re: Pi Plate - how do the headers work?

by adafruit_support_bill on Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:43 am

When inserting the wire, make sure it goes under the small clamp that is attached to the screw. It should hold #20 wire easily.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Pi Plate - how do the headers work?

by jimpuls on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:14 am

Thanks. I was not tightening the screw sufficiently.
jimpuls

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.