There is no USPS pickup on Monday Feb 15th, 2016 because of President's Day. USPS orders placed after 11am EST Fri February 12th will go out Tuesday February 16. UPS orders will ship as normal.

Upgrade from Occidentalis v.1 to v.2
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Upgrade from Occidentalis v.1 to v.2

by dca01 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:59 pm

I have the first release of Occidentalis up and running well on my Pi, but want to keep current. What's the best way to upgrade without starting all over again? apt-get update followed by apt-get upgrade?

Thanks.
dca01

Re: Upgrade from Occidentalis v.1 to v.2

by adafruit on Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:56 pm

you might be able to do that, and then install the kernel over it - unfortunately we dont have an experience with how to do upgrades over wheezy, just full releases - so you might want to do a backup of all your stuff

adafruit

Re: Upgrade from Occidentalis v.1 to v.2

by n1mie on Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:27 pm

I'm only just starting, so I reflashed all my SD cards (4). I'd love in the future if you found a way to patch or otherwise update without doing a reflash. I was having WiFi trouble until I did the update, so it was very valuable to me. But I'd have to have to reload and reconfigure stuff every time.
-- Chip / N1MIE
n1mie

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.