There is no USPS pickup on Monday Feb 15th, 2016 because of President's Day. USPS orders placed after 11am EST Fri February 12th will go out Tuesday February 16. UPS orders will ship as normal.

Occidentalis v0.2 and Overclocking
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Occidentalis v0.2 and Overclocking

by gotnull on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:31 am

I'm currently using Occidentalis v0.2 and was wondering how I can overclock my Pi?

Simply editing the /boot/config.txt is going to be enough?

gotnull

Re: Occidentalis v0.2 and Overclocking

by SparkzCrossedWires on Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:48 pm

The newest wheezy-raspbian image updates the raspi-config program to allow preset overclock speeds.

Here is how I updated mine:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

Then run your "sudo raspi-config" and you will see the overclocking options. Some of these settings are aggressive and made my Raspi lock up and just misbehave. After experimenting a little, selecting "modest" setting with 300MHz core and 0 overvolt provided a good stable overclock for me. The "Medium" and "High" settings were causing a lot of crashes.

If you are running a wireless WIFI dongle, the update installs a setup application that can accessed from your desktop once you reboot. It is TONS easier to setup using this application rather than tweaking with /etc and /network files.

Hope this helps
SparkzCrossedWires

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.