Pi 2 Compatibility Updates

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
adafruit2

Re: Pi 2 Compatibility Updates

Post by adafruit2 »

see /boot/config.txt

camix

Post by camix »

Ok found it there. I just set the follow line and that did it.

dtoverlay=pitft28c,rotate=180,speed=32000000,fps=20

googly_eyes

Post by googly_eyes »

One small glitch

Previously I could autostart tightvncserver (per the adafruit tutorial) and also another application and the application would show up on the piTFT.

Now, if I autostart tightvncserver, the app starts on the vnc desktop (tightvncserver :1 ), not the piTFT. If I remove the tightvncserver autostart, the app starts on the piTFT again.

Should I set tightvnc to another port - like :2 or :3 ? Or is there a configuration issue with the new install scripts?

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

no idea about that, but the pi kernel is a fair upgrade. i don't believe it has anything to do with the pitft itself

googly_eyes

Post by googly_eyes »

I have set up this combo several times on the previous rpi tft image, and never had a problem with it. This is a new issue with the rpi 2 and the piTFT. Perhaps there is an adjustment needed to the VNCserver process for the rpi 2?

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

that could be, you can start a new thread. this thread is for essential tests of the new PiTFT package

mung

Post by mung »

Hi,
Thanks so much for getting this working. I followed the instructions and got a 28c display working perfectly on my Pi 2. The Pi 2 was a replacement for my Pi B (1.0) on which I hadn't managed to get touch working. Nothing doing either on my Pi 2, so maybe it's me. Images but no touch. Any ideas?
Thanks again for all the hard work.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

yeah the Pi 1 B rev 1 has a different i2c port, so it doesnt work with the capacitive touch driver!

mung

Post by mung »

My trouble is I currently can't get touch working on my Pi 2. Anyone else having this problem? Screen but no touch?

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

hiya mung please start a new thread with as many details and photos as possible - could just be your PiTFT

saintcore

Post by saintcore »

Already sorry if my question is already answered, but I'm not able to figure it out from the previous posts and answers.

Is it possible to use this( https://www.adafruit.com/products/2260 (HDMI 5" 800x480 Display Backpack - With Touchscreen)) Display with a Raspberry Pi 2 without issues at the moment ?

Thanks

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

saintcore: that is a different product, it works fine on any Pi. If you have questions about it, please start another thread!

I'm going to lock this thread because its starting to veer off topic

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”