Pi 2 Compatibility Updates

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
adafruit_support_rick

Pi 2 Compatibility Updates

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

We're working on getting Adafruit accessories going with the Pi 2. We will be updating this topic as we go along. Subscribe to this topic for updates!

adafruit2

Re: Pi 2 Compatibility Updates

Post by adafruit2 »

We have gotten the Motor HAT, RGB Matrix HAT, Servo HAT and of course Proto HAT working with the Pi 2
GPS HAT doesn't use anything other than the built in serial console so it also works

We're still working on the Pi 2 support for PiTFT displays! hopefully wrapping that up very soon!

olipayne

Post by olipayne »

Any ETA on when PiTFT Screens will work with the Pi 2?

raskolnikoov

Post by raskolnikoov »

olipayne wrote:Any ETA on when PiTFT Screens will work with the Pi 2?
I would also liked to have an update on this. :)

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

It's been just under two weeks since we learned about the v2 ourselves.

We're working on software support for the new microprocessor, but there's a lot to learn and a lot to try. Keep an eye on this thread and we'll post updates as we get code written and ready for publication.

As for ETAs, we don't do those.

First of all, there's no such thing as an 'estimate'. If we so much as hint at a date, someone will take it as an iron-clad commitment and get mad if we don't live up to their assumptions.

Beyond that, software development is a process of discovering problems and solving them. You don't get a list of what the problems will be, when you'll discover them, or how hard it will be to fix them before you start, and the problems have no obligation to arrive on a schedule that lets you hit a published (or assumed) release date.

We don't like to release code with major problems, so we reserve the right to push back a release date as long as it takes to fix them after we find them. We also don't like making promises we can't keep, so we don't talk about release dates until we can say, "here it is."

raskolnikoov

Post by raskolnikoov »

We understand you. Take your time to do something awesome!

When Microsoft releases Windows 10 for the Pi2 will you support the Windows 10 version with drivers for PiTFT?

adafruit_support_rick

raskolnikoov wrote:When Microsoft releases Windows 10 for the Pi2 will you support the Windows 10 version with drivers for PiTFT?
Yes. We'll have that ready within two weeks of the release. Guaranteed! ;-)

marc2912

Post by marc2912 »

Hey Rick, I heard Mike is looking for you. Something about a scheduled release? Good luck.

jbntx

Post by jbntx »

LOL! That was good, marc2912....

PilotC150

Post by PilotC150 »

Can we keep this thread clean so when I get a notification of a new post it's actually some real information from Adafruit?

CPUFixrMan

Post by CPUFixrMan »

Well, I'm glad I found this thread. I was starting to think I jacked up my new Pi 2. Will just wait for the update and continue to play via ssh/hdmi. Thanks!

adafruit_support_rick

I've split out the PiTFT posts re: notro's image into a new thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=68854

KyleBoyer

Post by KyleBoyer »

adafruit_support_rick wrote:I've split out the PiTFT posts re: notro's image into a new thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=68854
Is this thread still going to be updated when the official drivers are released?

adafruit_support_rick

Yes. That's what the thread is for.

korneel

Post by korneel »

Hi;

just wondering, since you were close a week and a half ago, if there was any progress with the PiTFT compatibility update for the raspberry pi 2?
basically deciding if i should continue my project (multiple raspberry pi 2's and PITFTs for OctoPi\OctoPrint) or go back to the B+ ?

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”