Gemma IDE not looking right
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Gemma IDE not looking right

by nerfzooka on Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:28 pm

GemmaIDEProb.png
GemmaIDEProb.png (47.75 KiB) Viewed 190 times
Hi Wearables Forum!
I would like to drive a 8 Neopixel stick with a Gemma. The simple code example https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-neopixel-uberguide/arduino-library-installation says: Launch the Arduino IDE. From the File menu, select Sketchbook→Libraries→Adafruit_NeoPixel→strandtest. I don't see that option in my Arduino IDE.
Did I install the library? Yes, I can see the Neopixel library displayed in File - Examples-Adafruit NeoPixel menu.
Attachments
GemmaIDEProb2.png
GemmaIDEProb2.png (71.25 KiB) Viewed 190 times

nerfzooka

Re: Gemma IDE not looking right

by nerfzooka on Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:02 pm

So I tried the strandtest example mentioned above and it doesn't work. No errors, the first neopixel turns white and stays on but nothing else happens. Any ideas?

nerfzooka

by caitlinsdad on Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:25 pm

You should post a pic of your setup to see if there is anything incorrect.

But, you need to be certain of what you have, RGB or RGBW(with the yellowish half moon white-LED element) neopixels. You run the regular strandtest with the plain RGB neopixels and the RGBW Strandtest with the RGBW neopixels. Since you are using a Gemma, you need to know which pin you have connected to the Data IN of the neopixel stick (0,1,2...) The Strandtest code needs to be changed to match the pin number you are using and change the number of neopixels you are using to 8 for the stick. Good luck.

caitlinsdad

by nerfzooka on Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:22 pm

Ah, change the pin number, thanks! It works now. So happy:)

nerfzooka

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.