Questions About the Bluefruit LE
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Questions About the Bluefruit LE

by BSquared64 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:54 pm

Hi, I am making a "theft-proof backpack" as an engineering project. The idea behind this project is there will be LED's and speakers on the backpack that will go off when an accelerometer in the backpack is disrupted. As you can imagine, I want this feature to only happen when you want it to. I cannot find an RF sensor to integrate with the FLORA to make a simple "ON/OFF" button for this function, so I thought maybe the Bluefruit LE can work.

I saw the Bluefruit LE is able to act like a controller and there is a screen on the app with arrows and a few buttons. I was wondering if I would be able to program the FLORA to turn on and off a "safety mode" on the backpack if I used a combination or simply one of the buttons communicated through the Bluefruit. Something like a "for" statement that would be along the lines of "when these or this button is pressed, then start paying attention to the accelerometer. If the accelerometer has a large enough change, start blinking the LED's and turn on the piezo speakers."

Basically something to make the function work and not work so you could choose when you wanted your backpack to be sensitive to motion. If there need to be more of an explanation I can try explaining more. If there is another simpler sensor or way to make this happen please let me know.

BSquared64

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.