Gemma M0 shows no sign of life after arrival

Wearable electronics: boards, conductive materials, and projects from Adafruit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
D4EE

Gemma M0 shows no sign of life after arrival

Post by D4EE »

Hello!

I ordered a Gemma M0 from the Adafruit Shop directly and it arrived quickly, but it seems to be defect.
I tried to connect it to a PC via a USB-Cable that I know can transmit data, but no LED turns on at all, nor does it connect to the PC. I tried switching it on and off multiple times, as well as double-clicking the Reset Button a lot, but it doesn't show any signs of life.

Are there any things that I can try out? I have a multimeter lying around to test stuff.
Otherwise, is there a way to refund/resend this item?

Best Regards

dastels

Re: Gemma M0 shows no sign of life after arrival

Post by dastels »

Do you want to use it with C++ (often called Arduino in this context) or CircuitPython?

As background, have you read the product guide: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-gemma-m0?

Dave

D4EE

Post by D4EE »

Hi Dave,

I'd like to use this board with Cicruit Python, but C++ would also be okay.
My main concern is getting this board to work at all. I read the product guide and tried to set up the connection to the PC as described in there, but nothing really happens (Meaning my computer doesn't recognize any USB device when plugging it in, nor do any of the LEDs light up on the board.

I tried installing the drivers and testing it on two different PCs with a lot of different cables, but nothing worked yet.

dastels

Post by dastels »

OK. Let's do a quick check that the board is getting power. Plug it into USB and check the voltages at the Vout and 3v pads.

Dave

D4EE

Post by D4EE »

Hey Dave,

sorry for the late answer, I somehow must have overlooked the mail that I got an reply.

I measured the voltage at Vout (Measured: 5V) and 3V (Measured 3,3V). So the board seems to be getting power.

dastels

Post by dastels »

OK, the power circuit is working (and you have the switch "on") so the only other thing is the processor which seems to be DOA.

Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread, your order number, and request the replacement of one Gemma M0.

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wearables”