Due to high demand expect some shipping delays at this time, orders may not ship for 3-4 business days. On MLK Day no orders will be shipped.

Flora Board not Powering
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Flora Board not Powering

by critie on Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:31 am

Hello! Hoping I can get some help with my first largeish wearable project.

I have 44 Neopixels in a single strand wired to my Flora. When I plug into my macbook to load a strandtest my computer tells me "USB Accessories Disabled. Unplug the accessory using too much power to re-enable USB devices." When I try to plug in the lipo (3.7v) the green indicator light does not turn on. When I disconnect my strand though it does so I must have an issue with the power usages of the strand. The Adafruit guide says that a Flora can power up to 50 Neopixels with the onboard power supply so I'm really not sure why I'm having issues. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I can give more info if needed.

Thanks so much!!

critie

Re: Flora Board not Powering

by dastels on Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:36 pm

My guess is that you have a short related to the strand.

That many lights should be ok if you keep the overall average brightness down.

Dave

dastels

by critie on Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:40 pm

Thanks Dave!

I'm in the process now of trying to locate any shorts so fingers crossed I can get it sorted :)

critie

by critie on Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:10 am

Hi again!

I've gotten myself a multimeter and have fixed some of my joints and achieved continuity. When I plug the battery in though I'm still not getting the indicator light lighting up. Any other suggestions? I've just realised that I'm using a 3.7v battery but I believe that NeoPixels are 2.2v. Do I need a resistor?

Thanks!

critie

by dastels on Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:47 pm

NeoPixels are canonically 5v but will work fine on 3.3v.

Have you tries using fewer of the NeoPixel to test out whether it is a power issue?

Dave

dastels

by rpiloverbd on Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:21 am

Hello,

Have you tried any power supply other than the Lipo battery? For example, have you tried with any microUSB charger?

rpiloverbd

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.