Using the Button on Gemma

Wearable electronics: boards, conductive materials, and projects from Adafruit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
williamwrockwell

Using the Button on Gemma

Post by williamwrockwell »

Hello and please let me know if I'm in the wrong area here. I am working on a simple project with the Gemma and a 12 pixel Neopixel Ring.

My question is whether or not it is possible to have the button cycle functions. So would it be possible to start with red, for example - and if you press the bootloader button, you can cycle to blue (again just for example).

If this is not possible, does anyone have any sample code or can point me in the right direction on where to learn the commands for two actions - 1 - a solid color that does not change and 2 - solid color (what I mean by this is all pixels are the same color) that flashes through to other colors (green, blue, red, etc) on repeat.

Thank you, still learning this stuff but it sure is fun! Appreciate any help you might have.

williamwrockwell

Re: Using the Button on Gemma

Sorry I figured out the sample code part of this question. Not sure why I was so stumped before.

If anyone knows on the button though, that would be awesome. THank you.

williamwrockwell

Re: Using the Button on Gemma

Actually, I just took out a tactile button from a random EL wire driver I had and attached that. All is well now. Can someone delete this thread or close it please?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wearables”