Help with LSM303 and NeoPixel

Wearable electronics: boards, conductive materials, and projects from Adafruit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Magna17

Help with LSM303 and NeoPixel

Post by Magna17 »

I'm trying to create a code, that my NeoPixel lights up when my accelerometer experiences an acceleration over a certain number. I'm having trouble creating the code, and I've also tried looking around the web to see if anyone made the code or something similar to it. I either find a code that doesn't compile right, or a code that doesn't do what I want it to do. Any help would be appreciated.

caitlinsdad

Re: Help with LSM303 and NeoPixel

Post by caitlinsdad »

Look at the bottom of the product page for links to guides for some projects using the accelerometer. The light up skirts should be similar to what you are doing. Tell us more about your setup - what kind of board you are using and how many neopixels you are using and what kind of errors you are getting to help more. https://www.adafruit.com/product/1247
Good luck.

Magna17

Re: Help with LSM303 and NeoPixel

Post by Magna17 »

I'm using a Flora, RGB Smart NeoPixel, and a LSM303 accelerometer. Thanks for the suggestion, but I've already looked at the project you mention. I did found this https://learn.adafruit.com/3d-printed-flora-band to be more to my liking, but the first time when I was using it I set the

Code: Select all

#define MOVE_THRESHOLD 
too high of a number. I don't know why the NeoPixel wasn't lighting up. I probably set the sensitivity too low, so I would've had to move the accelerometer a lot more. However, I did make my project work by setting the sensitivity higher than what I had it at. Thanks for the help and suggestions It was appreciated.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wearables”