fx2341 not connecting
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

fx2341 not connecting

by okperson on Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:38 pm

soundboard will not connect to pc. green light comes on
definitely using a data cable.

okperson

Re: fx2341 not connecting

by mikeysklar on Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:39 pm

Hello okperson,

Can you tell us more about what OS you are connecting the Audio FX board to? There are no drivers required, but if you were on a very modern USB3 system you might need to add a USB hub to get the device recognized and moutned. The green light sounds good (red would be an issue). You can also try another system if youu have one.

mikeysklar

by okperson on Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:56 pm

I've tried windows 7 and windows 10
I will try a hub but have never had an issue with these OSs transferring data to anything else

okperson

by mikeysklar on Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:21 pm

Okay, I know Windows 7 can be a little slow to mount. Win10 should be pretty quick. It sounds like USB hub or data cable. What other devices have you used with this cable that you know it is DATA ready?

mikeysklar

by okperson on Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:41 pm

fresh attempt to finish this project.
i was able to transfer files to the soundboard. since then, i cannot get the pc to recognize it. i'm using a usb hub and i have tried a few data friendly cables. green light comes on, but cannot check files on the board or replace them.
also, i have the system assembled and everything looks good, but triggering isn't working. neither the momentary switches or just a wire touching the pins trigger or show the red light briefly
thoughts?

okperson

by mikeysklar on Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:15 pm

@okperson,

It is possible that the diskimage has become corrupt on the Audio FX sound board.

If somehow your board file system gets messed up, you can use this image to reburn the original clean FAT12 filesystem on.

On windows:

Use win32diskimager to write the image onto the board.
Uncompress the Zip file and write the 2MB or 16MB file.

https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-aud ... -2002135-1

This board can only be used from dumb (non-computer connected) USB port when playing files.

https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-aud ... -1137379-3

I can't get audio to play when I trigger the pins
Is the board connected to a computer USB port? You cannot use it as a USB storage device and play audio at the same time, even if you 'eject' the drive, you can only power it from battery or a power-only USB port like a USB wall adapter.

Do you see the red LED blink or turn on at all when you trigger the pin? You should see something blink/flicker when it plays audio.

Make sure nothing is connected to the CS or UG pins!

In case there's something amiss with your audio files, try using our audio file downloads, remember they go in the base directory of the USB drive, they cannot go in a folder or in a compressed zip!

To trigger, connect a wire from a GND pin to a numbered pin

With headphones in the headphone jack (or speakers connected), plug the board into USB. You should hear a beep/tone when it detects that it is connected to a computer

mikeysklar

by okperson on Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:45 pm

pc isn't recognizing the soundboard. when the micro usb is plugged in from usb to soundboard the green light turns on but thats it. win32diskimager doesn't show the board as an option in devices, so I cant rewrite the image.
no red lights show ever. none of the pins are triggered
audio files are formatted, named, and stored correctly
only using pins 0,2,4,6, gnd on the input side and R & L on the output.
no tone when its connected

seems like this board just doesn't work? idk

okperson

by mikeysklar on Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:52 pm

@okperson,

Okay. Thank you for trying the diskimager.

I appreciate the troubleshooting that you have done. I suspect this board is working, but something about your setup (USB port / OS / Cables / Order of Operations) is creating an unstable situation. This is likely due to the fact that you were able to transfer files at one point and still have a green light when connected.

You can submit a request to support@adfaruit.com for a refund. I would prefer you do not request a replacement or you are on your own.

mikeysklar

by okperson on Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:56 pm

so, i bought a 2220 and rigged it all up. everything went well - files transferred over & are properly named, soldered on the pin board, and plugged in microusb & 3.5mm audio cable. I have 2 random audio files - T04RAND0 & T04RAND1; this pin didn't work. It flashed a less powerful red led quickly, unlike the solid red led that showed with the other pins. After a brief test, this board stopped triggering completely. Neither the momentary switches or grounding with a wire prompted playback. Following this unfortunate discovery, the pc no longer recognizes this new board.
So, pretty much exact same issue I had with my first board. Worked...then it didnt without any changes to setup or anything. Just stopped working after ~3 minutes.
Super disappointing to have to scrap the whole project if this is how they do.

okperson

by mikeysklar on Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:06 pm

Yeah, this is a disappointing end result, but clearly the Audio Fx (#2220) is not a suitable device for you to work with.

You can request a refund for the new board if you purchased it in the last month from us. email: support@adafruit.com with a link to this forum thread and your order number.

mikeysklar

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.