Cosplay Lighting Help! (Starter)
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Cosplay Lighting Help! (Starter)

by Skyecos on Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:19 pm

I'm starting a new cosplay project that I'd like to incorporate lighting into, but I have no idea how to begin. I worked with an arduino board once by following a tutorial on here, but that project won't help me with the new one I'd like. My costume is a basic fabric bodysuit with light panels attached at the sides. I'm not sure how to approach this project in the aspect of lighting. I'd like to have all the lighting able to turn on and off together if possible. Can anyone suggest what products to use? I would also like the batteries to last longer than 2 hours if possible, as I'd like to be able to wear this for a decent period of time in case of photoshoots or nighttime wear. It would be something similar to a TRON style suit, but I've never had a lot of luck with EL panels... I also have the idea to attach the lighting mounts via magnets if it doesn't ruin the electrical work.

I know how to solder, but I don't know what other math I would need or items I would need. I'm really new to any type of electrical work beyond the small projects I've done with EL.

The lights are the green and red in my image attached. I don't mind if the red and green are on separate switches or projects.
Attachments
v1.jpg
v1.jpg (205.89 KiB) Viewed 145 times

Skyecos

Re: Cosplay Lighting Help! (Starter)

by franklin97355 on Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:34 am

franklin97355

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.