lipo charger as part of project

Wearable electronics: boards, conductive materials, and projects from Adafruit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Rcayot

lipo charger as part of project

Post by Rcayot »

I have a wearable project featuring a Gemm M0. It is powered by a lipo battery. The disconnect of the JST connector is very difficult and I suspect that repeated connect - disconnect will long term damage teh project. Can I incorporate my micro-lipo charger into the project such that connecting the USB cable will either charge the battery, or power the Gemma? I see various holes labeled 5v, GND, BAT.

I would like to know which of these will connect to the Gemma, obviously the GND, but which of the 5v or the BAT? and will this always run the Gemma and not the charge unless the Gemma is switched off?

Roger

adafruit_support_bill

Re: lipo charger as part of project

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

You can connect the GND and BAT to your Gemma. That will allow you to charge and run the Gemma at the same time.

nteetahtah

Post by nteetahtah »

I'm interested in a different project, but I have the same question. I can make a new post if that would be better.

On the NeoPixel Bracelet: https://learn.adafruit.com/neopixel-bra ... it-diagram
To add the micro-lipo charger, would I wire the charger GND to Trinket M0 GND and charger BAT to Trinket M0 BAT? Then would I connect the battery to the charger instead of the Trinket M0 (thru a switch). I'll have 2 USB connectors then, will it charge using either connector or just with the charger connector? Thanks for any help!

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Plug the battery into the charger. Then connect GND and BAT from the charger to GND and BAT on the Trinket. You can wire your switch between the BAT on the charger and the BAT on the Trinket.

You will be able to charge the battery via the USB on the charger board. And you can run the Trinket while charging.

nteetahtah

Post by nteetahtah »

Awesome, thanks!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wearables”