Charging a LIon batter in a project

Wearable electronics: boards, conductive materials, and projects from Adafruit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Maker4091

Charging a LIon batter in a project

Post by Maker4091 »

Hello, I am rather new to this. I see there are many ways to charge the batteries with chargers.
But I'm looking to have the battery inside of an item you cannot remove it from to charge it.
Kinda like the battery in your cellphone, it runs and you can just plug it in to charge.
whats the best way to do this?

thanks

mikeysklar

Re: Charging a LIon batter in a project

Post by mikeysklar »

Would you be using one of our microcontrollers such as a Feather which have the LiPo battery connector (2-pin) JSTs?

If so you would get charging control and only need to plugin a USB cable to the Feather controller on occasion to recharge the battery (no need to open things up and unplug the battery).

This would be the "easy" way.

Maker4091

Re: Charging a LIon batter in a project

Post by Maker4091 »

mikeysklar wrote:Would you be using one of our microcontrollers such as a Feather which have the LiPo battery connector (2-pin) JSTs?

If so you would get charging control and only need to plugin a USB cable to the Feather controller on occasion to recharge the battery (no need to open things up and unplug the battery).

This would be the "easy" way.

Yes I think a feather will do it. It needs to be small enough to fit into a handle and only power a few LEDs I was concerned about the power draw / recharging it. wasnt sure how to have a battery and charge it too

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wearables”