MONSTERM4SKBOOT Not Showing

Wearable electronics: boards, conductive materials, and projects from Adafruit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kwright92509

MONSTERM4SKBOOT Not Showing

Post by kwright92509 »

Everything works w/ the original setup. Problem occurs when I try to download other adafruit project file(s). Download succeeds.

Using MonsterM4sk with USB Part No. 4111. After downloading, I double-click MonsterM4sk reset button and the Circuitpy drive does not change to MonsterM4skBoot. Is this a sync problem w/ the USB cable?

dastels

Re: MONSTERM4SKBOOT Not Showing

Post by dastels »

What do you mean by downloading in this context? Copy from a project guide or github to your PC? Or copy from your PC to the MonsterM4SK?

As for the double click, have you tried different timing? I.e. do the second click sooner or later.

Dave

kwright92509

Post by kwright92509 »

Dave: I click on each of the 2xfiles fizzgig.zip and FIZZGIG.UF2 listed on the Animatronic Fizzgig MonsterM4sk Puppet Software tab. Both download into my pc correctly. I unzip the first file ok and it show everything properly and I copy it to the CIRCUITPY drive. Everything ok so far. I copy the config.eye from the fizzgig folder to the root, replacing the original file. I press the reset button on the back of the Monster M4sk and take a look at the eyes. They turn yellow and fizzgig-like? Success!

I double-click the reset button on the bottom of the Monster M4sk. The CIRCUITPY drive does not change to read MONSTERM4SKBOOT.

I tried quick and slow double-clicking the reset button. The drive change does not take place.

ken

dastels

Post by dastels »

Does anything happen with you press reset? Even a single press should cause CIRCUITPY to unmount. After a single press, CIRCUITPY should remount.

Dave

kwright92509

Post by kwright92509 »

Dave: When I plug the Monster M4sk into the PC, a new window showing the CIRCUITPY drive appears. I hit the reset button and the same window appears. In effect, nothing happens except bringing the window showing the CIRCUITPY drive to the top of the screen. Same thing happens if I hit the reset button twice. Seems the reset button is not working properly.

ken

dastels

Post by dastels »

Hmm. Pressing reset seems to be doing something. If it wasn't working I would expect pressing it to have no effect. Do you get a notification that a USB device disconnected, then that it connected? What OS are you using?

Dave

kwright92509

Post by kwright92509 »

Using USB Part No. 4111. OS = Windows 10. No error/ any notifications.

kwright92509

Post by kwright92509 »

Dave: I did notice that as I tap the reset button, the red LED light turns 'on' and then immediately 'off' when I release the reset button. There is no slow “breathing” cycle. Hope this helps.

ken

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wearables”