Adafruit Gemma M0 setup help

Wearable electronics: boards, conductive materials, and projects from Adafruit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Dbiggs89

Adafruit Gemma M0 setup help

Post by Dbiggs89 »

Hello, I have been trying to set up and run the basic “blink” code using the Arduino IDE but have been have no success at all with it. When I plug one of my gemmas into the PC (I have 2 of them), it lights up maroon color with flashing red light. The other Gemma has a green light or alternating color when I plug it in. I have downloaded all the board libraries that I need but when I select “adafruit gemma” the port is grayed out. Also, when I try and run the blink code I get the error message of “avrdude: error: Could not find USBtiny device (0x1781/0xc9f)”. If you could please help me that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

dastels

Re: Adafruit Gemma M0 setup help

Post by dastels »

Have you gone through the instructions at https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-gem ... rduino-ide?

Dave

Dbiggs89

Post by Dbiggs89 »

Hey thanks for the reply. But yes I have gone through the instructions many times now. I’m not sure why it isn’t working.

dastels

Post by dastels »

You've tried double-resetting to get into bootloader mode as suggested?

Dave

Dbiggs89

Post by Dbiggs89 »

When it’s in bootloader mode, does it have one red led and one red flashing led? If so then yes that’s what I’m doing. I wonder if it has something to do with the usb chord?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wearables”