Monster M4sk Pin 20

Wearable electronics: boards, conductive materials, and projects from Adafruit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
michaelc72

Monster M4sk Pin 20

Post by michaelc72 »

Hi,

I have a Monster M4sk and have connected a small 1w speaker to it via the Molex Picoblade connector. The documentation for Monster M4sk mentions enabling the speaker using the SPEAKER ENABLE pin (pin 20). Where is this PIN? How do I enable it?

Thanks!

dastels

Re: Monster M4sk Pin 20

Post by dastels »

Depending on language (for the Mask I'm assuming C++) set the mode of pin 20 to output and its value to HIGH. If you're using CircuitPython create a DigitalInOut on board.SPEAKER_ENABLE and set its direction to OUTPUT and value to True.

Dave

michaelc72

Post by michaelc72 »

Thanks for the help Dave! I'm using CircuitPython.

I'm sorry, I'm a noob when it comes to CircuitPython. Are there any examples of how to do what you mention? I am currently using Bootloader 3.13 along with the M4 eyes firmware (M4SKEYES.UF2).

Thanks!

dastels

Post by dastels »

So you're working in C++ then. The M4Eyes firmware is a complete program... you can't use it with CircuitPython.

Dave

michaelc72

Post by michaelc72 »

Ok, I understand. I'm assuming the headphone jack will not work with the M4Eyes firmware either, correct?

I'm somewhat familiar with C. Is the M4Eyes source code available? If not, is there no way to have audio when using the M4Eyes firmware?

Thanks!

dastels

Post by dastels »

Yes, it's available and designed to be extendable. It depends on what you want to do with the headphone jack.

See https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-monster-m4sk-eyes, specifically, https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-mon ... ource-code.

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wearables”