TFT Display Quality

Wearable electronics: boards, conductive materials, and projects from Adafruit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ArdraK

TFT Display Quality

Post by ArdraK »

So I'm working on making a poor mans NVG using this display - NTSC/PAL (Television) TFT Display - 2.0" Diagonal. I ordered four them and I have just recently come to realize that not all the displays are built the same. Two of them are backlight with dual LED's and the other two with a singular LED. I'm curious to know if anyone else has used these displays and found the same issue?
Attachments
20211031_115329.jpg
20211031_115329.jpg (69.52 KiB) Viewed 432 times

mikeysklar

Re: TFT Display Quality

Post by mikeysklar »

I have a recent forum thread with the brightness being different between displays. In that case the user can press the metallic button on the backside once and the displays seem to be at the same brightness.

Is there a different model # on the packaging the displays shipped or on the PCBs themselves?

ArdraK

Post by ArdraK »

There is no difference in model # on the packaging or on the PCBs. The only difference I see is that the displays backlight with one LED have some sort of barcode on the front side where the screen is. And yes the displays can be dimmed down by pressing the button on the PCB, but the only downside is when I power cycle them they will not memorize the setting. Are there any solutions for the display to memorize the brightness setting? Thanks

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Unfortunately, there is no built-in way to save the brightness setting.

Thank you for confirming the PCBs and labels are the same.

If you want to we can try to swap a unit to match it to your other in terms of LEDs on the display. Aside from that the only work around I can think of is to trigger the button press with a microcontroller to ensure brightness levels match.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wearables”