# of outputs Flora v2 ?

Wearable electronics: boards, conductive materials, and projects from Adafruit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Digi_Majou

# of outputs Flora v2 ?

Post by Digi_Majou »

Hi there,
I'm wanting to make a project where LEDS light up sequentially using the Flora v2. I'd like as many outputs as possible but can't figure out if the FLora has 6 or 8 outputs? Thank you for your info!

michaelmeissner

Re: # of outputs Flora v2 ?

Post by michaelmeissner »

The flora v3 has 8 outputs. I would suspect the v2 has the same, since the change for v3 just mentioned the pads are now friendly to alligator clips.

However, you should consider using neopixels instead of separate leds. Neopixels are a strand of lights where there is a single input data pin (plus power and ground) and output pin. The leds are organized as a daisy chain, where the microprocessor sends out a stream up commands. The first led in the strand uses the first command and then passes the remaining commands to the output. For a Flora, you probably can do 100 neopixels or so. Neopixels come as individual pixels, in rings, strips, or matrixes.

Here are some learning guides for flora and neopixels: For a lot of things using a strand of pixels is easier than getting individual pixels and connecting each pixel. Otherwise you have the old christmas/holiday tree light problem where one light goes out and it takes down all of the lights after it.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wearables”