Cannot upload to Bangle JS 2

Wearable electronics: boards, conductive materials, and projects from Adafruit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
smyneni

Cannot upload to Bangle JS 2

Post by smyneni »

Hello,
I recently purchased a Bangle.js 2 from Adafruit and I am facing some issues.
1. Alarms: Even with a fresh factory reset, I cannot enter into the 'Alarms' menu. It just shows "loading" and hangs there for hours.
2. When I try to remove the Alarms and Timers app (v0.17 whereas the latest is v0.31) from using Web Bangles App Loader, I get "Unable to remove Alarms and Timers App. Invalid JSON". When I try to update the apps, I get the same message for the 5 apps that need updating : Invalid JSON.
3.Unable to load any code: I can connect via Web Bluetooth. I can view and download files from the device to my computer. But I am unable to upload any code. Whenever I hit upload on something like: https://banglejs.com/apps/?q=recorder the progress bar stalls about 10-15% of the way and doesn't move any further for hours.

In both cases I just end up having to long-press the btn and restart.

I've updated the firmware from 2v13 -> 2v14 and the problem remains.

I could not find a solution here: https://www.espruino.com/Troubleshooting+Bangle.js

Also I don't see any icon for GPS in the settings and neither do I see GPS related files in the device. Is that normal?

Any help is appreciated!
-Sachin

mikeysklar

Re: Cannot upload to Bangle JS 2

Post by mikeysklar »

What have you been doing for a factory reset? Are you installing Bootloader from the More... -> Install default apps or a different way?

When you are attempting to upload are you unpairing from the bluetooth device, making sure HID is off and BLE and programmable are set to "On" in Settings? You also need a software reset with BTN1 & BTN2 held for 5 seconds.

smyneni

Re: Cannot upload to Bangle JS 2

Post by smyneni »

@mikeysklar
Looks like a classic newbie mistake on my part. I had the PROGRAMMABLE to OFF!
Changing that to ON allowed me to upload code.
Thank you for spelling out the steps.
-Sachin

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wearables”