My Guggen Hat Update
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

My Guggen Hat Update

by richarduk on Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:11 pm

Been working on this over Christmas. I now have my hat running with a Feather Bluefruit. I am now working on the software and have the code for the messages working. I have created a very small protocall using the ASCII STX and ETX values so that the message is sent with multiple packets and the Feather Bluefruit stitches it back together. This has also meant writing a new Android app for the Guggenhat. I have some more work to do to it but when it is finished in the next few days I'll post the source to the Feather Bluefruit and the android app on github. Here is a small video of the hat displaying the classic "The Quick Brown Fox Jumped Over the Lazy Dog" message.

Hopefully I'll be quick enough and join the show and tell this week and show the app and hat off more. :)

richarduk

Re: My Guggen Hat Update

by adafruit_support_rick on Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:34 pm

Nice - good luck with finishing it up!

adafruit_support_rick

by tmi on Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:38 am

Hey Richard,

Have you had any progress on this? Just received my Feather and I'm currently working on converting the code over. Would probably save me some time if you had some on Github.

Thanks!

tmi

by boneco on Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:17 am

Hi [richarduk],

I just finished my first 'by the book' iteration of the Guggenhat and immediately starting thinking about adding a Twitter feed (i.e. 140 characters instead of 20). Can't wait to see how yours came out!

boneco

by irishpiper on Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:01 pm

Richard, Is there any chance you could provide some help with the code converting the guggenhat project to the adafruit feather nRF52? I am a complete novice and have struggled with what should be a relatively simple modification. I have worked on the sample code for the nRF52 to set up communication - but changing the portions of the code dealing with setting up the variable ble (guggenhat uses a ble command that is not available in nRF52. I could use some guidance.

Tom

irishpiper

by irishpiper on Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:17 pm

As a follow up... here is my attempt at modifying the Guggenhat code .
Any help or advice would be more than welcome - spinning wheels for a while.

irishpiper

https://github.com/irishpiper/Guggenhat ... 52-Feather

irishpiper

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.