Pro Trinket 3V not programming
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Pro Trinket 3V not programming

by opaopa on Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:54 pm

I purchased 2 Pro Trinket 3V's for a project. I spent the entire day trying to get one of the Pro Trinket 3V's to program and kept getting errors. I tried the other Pro Trinket 3V and it programmed first try.

I would like to get a replacement Pro Trinket 3V unless there's something else to try but seemed to me like a hardware problem since the other one programmed no problem.

I am using Arduino IDE 1.8.8, windows 10
Board: Pro Trinket 3V/12MHz (USB)
Programmer: USBtinyISP

I can sometimes get a small demo like Blink to program but a larger sketch will not program.

Lots of errors like:
avrdude: error: usbtiny_receive: libusb0-dll:err [control_msg] sending control message failed, win error: The device does not recognize the command.

I press the button on the Pro Trinket 3V shortly before uploading.

opaopa

Re: Pro Trinket 3V not programming

by adafruit_support_carter on Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:32 pm

Are the behaviors of the two boards repeatable? If you swap back and forth, the one will program reliably, but the other one has issues?

adafruit_support_carter

by opaopa on Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:53 am

adafruit_support_carter wrote:Are the behaviors of the two boards repeatable? If you swap back and forth, the one will program reliably, but the other one has issues?

Correct, the one board programs with no trouble. But the other one is getting errors every time I try to program. Same process and sketch attempted for both.

opaopa

by adafruit_support_carter on Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:18 pm

Let's just replace it then. Send an email to support@adafruit.com with a link to this thread and your order number and they can send you a new Pro Trinket 3V.

Also - just a heads up. That product is being deprecated. See warning at the top of the product page.

adafruit_support_carter

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.