🎄⛄❄️🎁 It's beginning to look a lot like ADABOX-mas! The next ADABOX from Adafruit ships soon! Get yours now, or give as a gift! 🎄⛄❄️🎁

How to detect programmatically when a RGBW LED is disconnect
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Re: How to detect programmatically when a RGBW LED is discon

by kcl1s on Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:54 am

I am trying to make a rectangular LED matrix which can function as a drawing board. All pixels are off initially. A pointer (stick) with a magnet on the tip can be used to draw curves with different colors and intensities on the board. A BlueFruit Feather will be good for that. That's it in a nutshell. I can see many different practical applications for this kind of a "drawing board".

I applaud your DIY attitude and ingenuity. I am the last person to throw cold water on an innovative Arduino project and wish you well. Saying this very low resolution and not so inexpensive project has many different practical applications may be a step too far. Touch screen tablets and other touch technology in my opinion will be better for a "drawing board" type display.

I can see your techniques being useful on interactive displays of Neopixel 'routes' seen in museums and nature centers where fewer hall effect sensors could activate a section of pixels.

These are just my thoughts and I wish you good luck with your project.
Keith

kcl1s

Re: How to detect programmatically when a RGBW LED is discon

by XRAD on Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:47 am

As for the LEDs as input/output devices, it will be great if someone with more programming experience than me writes a program to compare the original "driver program" with the one that is active at a point in time after the n-th bit has been "cut out".

I don't think you will get anyone to write this program for you unless you pay $$. Even then there may be some proprietary info in the neopixel driver chip....

You may consider a large resistive touch screen as an input device. Then you can build your code and move to other sensors down the road.......

XRAD

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.