🇺🇸Adafruit will not be shipping orders on Independence Day Monday 7/4/2022. Please allow extra time for your order to ship and plan accordingly.🇺🇸

Hardware Interrupt?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Hardware Interrupt?

by JohnKnoll on Sun May 15, 2022 10:50 pm

I have a project where I'm using a Trinket M0 to count logic pulses coming in from another microcontroller, a Teensy 4.1. Both devices are powered from the same source and their grounds are connected.

I'm feeding the signal from the Teensy to pin 1 , and attaching an interrupt routine to that pin:

volatile int motorpositioncounter1;
int motorpos;
const int xstepPin = 1;
const int xdirPin = 2;

/*************************************************************************************/

void countpulse1(void)
{
if (digitalRead(xdirPin)) motorpositioncounter1--;
else motorpositioncounter1++;
}

/*************************************************************************************/

void setup()
{
pinMode(xstepPin, INPUT);
pinMode(xdirPin, INPUT);

// setup interrupt to count pulses
motorpositioncounter1 = 0;
attachInterrupt(digitalPinToInterrupt(xstepPin), countpulse1, FALLING);

motorpos = 0;
}

void loop()
{

// Get the motor position.
noInterrupts();
motorpos = motorpositioncounter1;
interrupts();

// display it
DisplayMotorPosition(motorpos);
delay(10);
}

This compiles and runs without error, but the pulses are not getting counted. This exact same setup works perfectly with a Teensy LC, but doesn't work with the Trinket M0. The pinout card indicates that I should be able to trigger hardware interrupts on pin1 in this manner, but it doesn't appear to be working. Is there something I'm not doing right here?

Thanks!

JohnKnoll

Re: Hardware Interrupt?

by JohnKnoll on Mon May 16, 2022 1:34 am

Sorry, false alarm. It is working. Like an idiot I was hooked up to the wrong pin on the Teensy.

JohnKnoll

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.