Trinket M0 Blinking test - Arduino IDE
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Trinket M0 Blinking test - Arduino IDE

by bricolodu13 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:14 pm

Hello,

I just bought a Trinket M0, I tried to install the blinking test from the arduino IDE
But I get an error : core_cm0plus.h is missing !
What should I do ?

Thank you
Jean

Arduino : 1.8.2 (Windows 10), Carte : "Adafruit Trinket M0"

In file included from C:\Users\Jean\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\CMSIS-Atmel\1.1.0/CMSIS/Device/ATMEL/samd21/include/samd21.h:59:0,

from C:\Users\Jean\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\CMSIS-Atmel\1.1.0/CMSIS/Device/ATMEL/samd.h:87,

from C:\Users\Jean\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\CMSIS-Atmel\1.1.0/CMSIS/Device/ATMEL/sam.h:470,

from C:\Users\Jean\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\adafruit\hardware\samd\1.0.19\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:48,

from sketch\sketch_sep20a.ino.cpp:1:

C:\Users\Jean\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\CMSIS-Atmel\1.1.0/CMSIS/Device/ATMEL/samd21/include/samd21e18a.h:233:26: fatal error: core_cm0plus.h: No such file or directory

#include <core_cm0plus.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Erreur de compilation pour la carte Adafruit Trinket M0

Ce rapport pourrait être plus détaillé avec
l'option "Afficher les résultats détaillés de la compilation"
activée dans Fichier -> Préférences.

bricolodu13

Re: Trinket M0 Blinking test - Arduino IDE

by adafruit_support_carter on Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:57 pm

Have you gone through this guide to get everything setup?
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-tri ... o/overview

adafruit_support_carter

by bricolodu13 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:18 pm

Thank you for your answer;

Yes I have followed the guide and installed the required libraries
Arduino SAM Boards V1.6.11 installed
Arduino SAMD Boards V1.6.16 installed
Adafruit SAMD Boards V1.0.19 installed

Am I still missing something ?

Jean

bricolodu13

by adafruit_support_carter on Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:37 pm

There is a Windows driver, but I don't think you need it for Windows 10:
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-tri ... stallation

Try updating to the latest Arduino IDE. I just tested with 1.8.4 and the same board packages you have and was able to get the blink example to compile without any issues.
File -> Examples -> 01.Basics -> Blink

adafruit_support_carter

by bricolodu13 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:40 pm

I'm sorry, I did ugrade (erase the 1.8.2 folder) and install 1.8.4, udate libraries, I had als installed the driver, still the same message.
Note that with circuit python, it is blinking

bricolodu13

by danhalbert on Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:25 am

Did you delete C:\Users\Jean\AppData\Local\Arduino15 before reinstalling? If something in that folder gets corrupted in some way, it can cause strange problems. If not, try uninstalling Arduino, deleting that folder, and then reinstalling.

danhalbert

by bricolodu13 on Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:14 am

Thank you danhalbert !

I deleted C:\Users\Jean\AppData\Local\Arduino15, reinstalled everything, and now it is working !

Best regards,
Jean

bricolodu13

by jimb137 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:12 pm

I'm having the exact opposite experience. Just received a Trinket MO and thought I'd see what it did. The demo was cool, I really like the tri-color LED demo. Read the tutorial, and tried the blinky code example. The MO did nothing (other than the demo, that is). Reread the tutorial, and tried again. Still no joy.

Thought I'd try the Arduino blink script. After installing 1.8.4 on the windoze pc, appropriate boards, etc. I loaded up the blink sketch, and it worked the first time (no surprise). I suspect that once I solder in the headers, I'd be able to use the MO to replace the 3V trinket I've used in other circuits.

So now I want to try the circuit python stuff again, but I can't get there. It appears that once you load an Arduino sketch, the mpy stuff is gone (please correct me if there's a quick way back). I'm guessing that I must not flash (reload) the circuit python 1.0.0 stuff, since the 2.x notice recommends its not for the newbies of the world (I'm old, but a python newbie).

Oh, if Adafruit support reads this, please put a note in the Trinket MO tutorial that warns of the demise of CP if a sketch is loaded. Also note the process to recover CP after your done with sketch. I suggest 24pt font, bright red, old and maybe even underscored for the note. Ex.: Warning...

jimb137

by adafruit_support_carter on Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:23 pm

@jimb137 Please start a new thread if you are having an issue.

There is an informational box at the top of the CircuitPython page for the Trinket M0 which says:
Your Trinket M0 already comes with CircuitPython but maybe there's a new version, or you overwrote your Trinket M0 with Arduino code! In that case, see the below for how to reinstall or update CircuitPython.

I think that's trying to say what you're wanting? Although it's not red.

adafruit_support_carter

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.