Trinket vs Trinket M0

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Stephen012343

Trinket vs Trinket M0

Post by Stephen012343 »

Is it M zero or M oh ?
What is the difference / advantages / disadvantages between Trinket and Trinket M0.
What does M0 mean?

I probably mistakenly ordered the wrong Trinket due to their not being well defined and obvious info for a newbie.

Totally new to these Adafruit products. A selection chart would solve this.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Trinket vs Trinket M0

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The M0 version uses a much more advanced processor that has native USB capability - vs the USB software emulation done in the original Trinket. This makes for more reliable and easier to use USB operation - as well as eliminating the limitations on use of pins 3 and 4. The M0 also has higher speed and more memory.

Stephen012343

Post by Stephen012343 »

You are talking way above a newbie's head. What does " as well as eliminating the limitations on use of pins 3 and 4. " mean to me ?

I am trying to make something that will play a variable (based on analog input level) audio tone (output to a transducer) when a digital input signal (on/off) changes.

Will the Trinket 5V work for this ?

adafruit_support_bill

What does " as well as eliminating the limitations on use of pins 3 and 4. " mean to me ?
This is described in the guide: https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing- ... b-pins-3-9
I am trying to make something that will play a variable (based on analog input level) audio tone (output to a transducer) when a digital input signal (on/off) changes.

Will the Trinket 5V work for this ?
That would require only 2 pins - and not very extensive programming. So the 5v Trinket should handle it.

jc27

Post by jc27 »

I am curious what advantage I would get (if any) were I to switch to the Mo from the trinket pro for my servo project. I currently use the pro to detect a wireless transmitter output to rotate a servo. Would the trinket M0 do this job better than the trinket pro?

adafruit_support_bill

@ jc27 - If the Trinket Pro is working Ok for you now, the M0 will not likely add any benefit.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”