Pro Trinket - fast boot
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Pro Trinket - fast boot

by emccarthy on Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:15 pm

I have written a simple program and am successfully running it on the Pro Trinket.
When the device is powered up without the USB, the red LED blinks twice quickly, and then repeats this pulsing 4 times, with a period of about 1 second, prior to running my program.

Is there a way to have the device start operating my program more quickly, and optimally without any delay ?

I do not really want to remove the bootloader code that allows for programming after hitting the reset button if I can help it.

Thank you for your help

emccarthy

Re: Pro Trinket - fast boot

by franklin97355 on Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:27 pm

Make sure your program is not using the serial port for anything as this will slow down the startup when running without USB.

franklin97355

by emccarthy on Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:19 pm

I removed all calls to serial, and it still has the same behavior.
Again, my test is to power up the board with no USB or serial connection. It takes about 4 seconds before it starts running my code.
is there something in the bootloader ? I looked in the bootloader code, and I found a pulse function, but I could not find where it was being called from.
Thanks

emccarthy

by adafruit2 on Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:19 pm

yeah there's no way to guarantee it because its bitbang USB - an itsybitsy m0 or m4 has a different bootloader, and will work better besides!

adafruit2
Site Admin

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.