Trinket M0 arrived dead?

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
duh102

Trinket M0 arrived dead?

Post by duh102 »

Hey all!
I ordered three Trinket M0s around a week ago and two of them function perfectly fine, I was able to both use circuitpython and then upload directly using arduino. The third one, however, doesn't seem to be working and I'm not sure if it's something I did or if it was DOA.
The symptoms are that once plugged in, the neopixel flashes blue for a split second then turns off, while the green power LED lights constantly. Clicking the button does nothing, nor does double pressing it to get into bootloader mode like I can on the other two. As far as I can tell, the traces all look fine. Unfortunately I did not test it before soldering up the pins, I tested one of the others and then soldered all of them up in one go.

Thanks for any help!

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Trinket M0 arrived dead?

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Can you post a photo of the problematic board so we can see if it might be related to the soldering.

duh102

Post by duh102 »

Sure thing!
The problem board is on the right in this picture, a working board on the left, both from the same order
Here's a slightly more zoomed in version.

adafruit_support_carter

Thanks. I don't see anything with that soldering that could explain the behavior. It's might just be an oddball board. Let's replace it.

Send an email to [email protected] with a link to this thread and your order number and they can send you a new Trinket M0.

C_Mann

Post by C_Mann »

I have exactly the same problem, except i purchased mine on Amazon. I was hoping for a fix.
Lesson learned I suppose.

adafruit_support_carter

@C_Mann Please start a new thread for your issue.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”